Naid AAA Certification
What is NAID ‘AAA’ Certification?
The acronym NAID stands for Nation Association of Information Destruction.
NAID is and international and independent regulator for the Information Destruction industry and whilst any provider can become a NAID Member for their own information purposes only NAID ‘AAA’ Certified companies have passed the stringent standards in regard to the security processes they employ in order to protect your data to achieve the ‘AAA’ Certification.
“NAID is the standards setting body for the information destruction industry. NAID AAA Certification verifies the qualifications of certified information destruction providers through a comprehensive scheduled and unannounced audit program. This rigorous process supports the needs of organizations around the world by helping them meet numerous laws and regulations requiring protection of confidential customer information.” Source.
For many years NAID ‘AAA’ Certification has been the absolute base entry level qualification for any secure data destruction service provider in the United States and is very quickly becoming the same in Australia with a number of Australian Federal Government departments now requesting ‘AAA’ Certification as part of their tender process.
What does NAID ‘AAA’ Certification mean for you and why choose a Certified service provider?
A data destruction company that has achieved the NAID ‘AAA’ Certification is one that you can trust.
When you choose a NAID ‘AAA’ Certified company, such as Shredlock to provide your data destruction services, you are receiving an internationally accredited service.
It means that Shredlock complies with world class security standards and is also open to random auditing, where vehicles, CCTV and general site security and processes are checked with fines being handed down for any non-compliance of standards.
There are many reasons why you should only use Shredlocks’ ‘AAA’ Certified services. The following are just a few of these: –
- Any ‘AAA’ Certified vendor must provide a Certificate of Destruction at the completion of each service. You can produce this at any time if you are the subject of an audit.
- NAID’s certification program has been developed by information security professionals from around the world and is Internationally recognized by private and governmental organisations in Australia and around the world
- All regional third party NAID auditors have earned the Certified Protection Professional accreditation from ASIS International and are extensively trained on all certification audit procedures and requirements
- NAID certification auditors verify that protocols are in place to ensure the security of confidential material throughout all stages of the destruction process such as handling, transporting, storing materials prior to destruction, and destroying and disposing of materials responsibly. This also includes any transfer of custody scenarios
- An extensive, three-level background screening process verifies that no individual with a known history of related crimes will be handling confidential material
- A regimented, comprehensive unannounced audit program means that certified companies operate knowing they may receive an unannounced audit on any day, at anytime, providing a powerful motivator for ongoing compliance
- The Certification Review Board tracks reports of non-compliance and takes immediate remedial action to bring certified companies back into compliance. Repeat or serious infractions will result in fines and may result in removal of certification.